Thanks for visiting!
I feel privileged to help you during such an important time. I am looking forward to meeting with you.!
Please be aware that I currently have limited available hours to meet with all the mothers that contact me and I appreciate your understanding and patience.
What is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant?
An IBCLC is a health care professional who specializes in the clinical management of breastfeeding. IBCLCs are certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
A lactation consultation can help with many issues. Some of the most common concerns for which mothers seek a consultation include the following:
- Your nipples are sore and you have concerns about whether your baby is latched correctly
- The baby is fussy most of the time and does not seem content after feedings.
- Sore nipples that last more than a few days.
- Your baby is not having at least three or four yellow bowel movements in a 24-hour period, after the fifth day.
- Your baby is sleepy and has fewer than 8 feeds in24hours.
- Your newborn baby has lost more than 7-10%of his/her birth weight.
- You feel your supply is low, or you think you may need to supplement feedings with formula, or you have been advised to do so.
- Your baby is slow to gain weight, and has not regained birth weight by two weeks.
- You have had any previous breast surgery
- You are anxious about breastfeeding or in need of reassurance.
- You have been told to wean and you desire a second opinion.
- You did not have the success that you desired with your last breastfeeding experience.
I hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates.