Thanks for visiting!
I feel privileged to help you during such an important time. I am looking forward to meeting with you.!
THANK YOU to FRENCH BROAD PEDS and Family to Family, my favorite team of doctors that offer comprehensive care to their families including recommending that ALL babies start their lives with human milk.
An IBCLC is a health care professional who specializes in the clinical management of breastfeeding. IBCLCs are certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
A lactation consultation can help with many issues. Some of the most common concerns for which mothers seek a consultation include the following:
- Your nipples are sore and you have concerns about whether your baby is latched correctly
- The baby is fussy most of the time and does not seem content after feedings.
- Sore nipples that last more than a few days.
- Your baby is not having at least three or four yellow bowel movements in a 24-hour period, after the fifth day.
- Your baby is sleepy and has fewer than 8 feeds in 24 hours.
- Your newborn baby has lost more than 7-10%of his/her birth weight.
- You feel your supply is low, or you think you may need to supplement feedings with formula, or you have been advised to do so.
- Your baby is slow to gain weight, and has not regained birth weight by two weeks.
- You have had any previous breast surgery
- You are anxious about breastfeeding or in need of reassurance.
- You have been told to wean and you desire a second opinion.
- You did not have the success that you desired with your last breastfeeding experience.